Before Starting PLEASE READ THIS.
- Do you have everything you need?
- Ensure that the splashback fits the space, checking all your dimensions and that your worktop is fitted securely and is level.
- Make sure your hob is fitted in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and that the clearance between the hob and the splashback complies with the appliance manufacturer’s instructions.
- Make sure that your extractor is securely fitted in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ensure the surface being fixed to is flat, non-porous, dry and dust free. Any variations in level in excess of 5mm should be packed with silicone prior to fitting.
- Do not use any other form of adhesive other than silicone as certain adhesives will degrade the finish of the glass.
Safe Handling of Glass
All our products are manufactured using “Toughened Safety Glass” it is important that any glass product is handled with care and in particular eye protection and suitable gloves should be worn. Special Care should be taken with the corners and edges of the products as impact will cause the product to shatter. In addition to our glass being Toughened, we also apply a backing to the back, this is known as “Safety Backing” it is a polypropylene clear film that in the event of glass breakage the glass stays together, this is a very important feature in the food industry, this backing also protects the colour from frost if the glass is fitted to an external wall, likewise it also protects against damage during transportation and installation. Please DO NOT remove this as this could damage the paint.
REMEMBER – Unfitted glass is fragile. DO NOT place on hard surfaces prior to fitting.
DO NOT – Attempt to cut the glass, Toughened Glass can not be cut once we have processed the glass. DO NOT – Use the splashback until the silicone adhesive has cured – Normally within 24 hours DO NOT – Place the splashback/upstands on its edge or on any hard surface during the fitting process. Make sure you follow the manufacturer’s instructions. To prevent product failures, ensure that:
- All fitting steps are followed.
- A gap of 2mm is left between the glass and any other surface this is to allow for expansion.
- The surface the glass is being installed is Flat, non porous and dust free.
After Care – Maintenance
DO NOT use abrasive cleaners. For best results use warm water and a mild detergent.